Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We are glad that you have taken time to research the critical exam details and Frequently Asked Questions. In case you need more clarity please contact us on helpline numbers. Thank you again and we wish you the best in your exams.
Gujarat - 30 Exam Logistics:
How shoud I apply?
- Please click on the application form to apply.
What is the date and time of the Gujarat – 30 entrance examination?
- Last Date to Apply: To be determined
- Examination Date: To be determined
- Reporting Time: 8:30AM sharp
- Answer Sheet Preparation: 9:00 to 9:30AM
- Examination Time: 9:30AM to 12:30PM
What is the last date to register for the entrance exam?
- Last date to register for the entrance exam is yet to be determined
What should I bring to the exam center?
- Any government approved Photo ID card (school ID, aadhar card, passport, etc.)
- Print out of the confirmation message or the admit card in the email
- Two black ballpoint pen
Will I get the same test center which I have selected during the registration process?
- Generally, yes. However, if for some reason we are forced to change your center, then we will send you an SMS message with details. Please do not fail to check your SMS message before the exam.
How many Phase 1 exams will be conducted this year?
- This year two entrance exams are planned.
How many seats are available?
- This year we plan to onboard 30 students in the engineering & medical streams
Exam Syllabus, Language and OMR (Answer sheet)
What is the syllabus for this exam?
- Gujarat – 30 entrance examination is based on the IX and X general science syllabus along with aptitude, mental mathematics, and English at a medium level of difficulty. Mental Mathematics is not part of the 10th syllabus however it is included in the examination.
- Subjects: Mathematics, Mental Mathematics, Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
What is the pattern of the exam?
- Phase 1 is an objective style multiple choice exam.
- Phase 2 is a personal interview.
What is an OMR answer sheet?
- OMR or Optical Mark Recognition is a method of entering data into a computer system. Please fill out the Sample OMR as practice to prevent mistakes during the exam.
What is Mental Mathematics?
- Mental Mathematics is simply using human brain to conduct arithmetic operations
Will I be required to attempt Biology if I want to compete for the IIT or vice versa?
- Yes, students are expected to complete all sections of the examination.
Why should I attempt Mathematics if I am targeting medical examination or vice versa?
- This change is based on the assessment and recommendations of the academic team which concludes that the complete syllabus of the ninth and tenth grade is essential for critical thinking as well as the development of problem-solving and creative thinking mindset. They believe that these are fundamentals of scientific education and therefore the most suitable guarantors of educational success.
Is there a weightage to any part of the test?
- GUJARAT- 30 is trying to identify and select students that are most ready at the time of the entrance test to prepare for the national level engineering, medical, commerce, defense and law exams. Therefore, there is no weight-age; your focused, directed, and consistent effort in the 9th and 10th grade will speak for itself. Please do revise chapters but more than anything else be a part of this celebration of excellence in education.
What is the language of the exam?
- The exam is in English and Gujarati.
Gujarat – 30 Exam Policies & Principles:
Who Should apply?
- Students who are planning to appear in the 10th board exam in 2021 should apply.
Can students in 12th class apply?
- This entrance exam is for 10th-grade students who will invest two years in preparation. We maystart a one-year preparatory course. However, this will only be for students who attempted JEE or NEET entrance exam. An announcement will be made in the second quarter of 2021. Please stay tuned.
Can I attend Gujarat – 30 if I am successful in Phase 1 but i am not able to take Phase 2 due to ill health?
- GUJARAT- 30 is trying to identify and select students that are most ready at the time of the entrance test to prepare for the national level that defines excellence in the fields of engineering, and medical. Therefore, the current application process consists of Phase1 and Phase2, and the interview. A candidate must be successful in all of these two stages to become a student member of GUJARAT- 30 Program of Excellence. Please note that as we figure out better ways of identification and selection, we will adopt those and of course inform all of you.
Can I be successful at the 12th board exams if I am preparing for the IIT/NEET ?
- We educate our students on board exams; additionally, please note that if anyone is prepared for the IIT or the NEET exams, one would generally be ready for the board exams as well.
Does Gujarat – 30 selects student based on any criteria?
- Yes, your mindset towards effort, attitude towards success, and content knowledge – if you are ready to prepare for achieving excellence, we would be honored to support you through your journey. Gujarat – 30 Program of Excellence is a movement to rekindle hope through excellence in education.
What is the Gujarat – 30 entrance exam fee?
- Gujarat – 30 is an educational movement to rekindle hope in the community. We are proud to let you know that this is a social supported effort and therefore we neither charge examination fees to students nor do we pay to our test centers for conducting the exam. We are very thankful to our partner test centers for their generosity and above all making this movement so successful.
Enrollment Form Procedure and Issues:
How can I change my form details after submitting the form?
- You can change any of the form details before the registration end date by using the edit link in the confirmation email message that was sent to you on the e-mail address that you entered in the form.
Where can we find the full address of the the test centers?
- Full address of the test centers are mentioned:
‣ On the confirmation message after you submit the form
‣ In the confirmation e-mail that was sent to you
I have deleted my confirmation e-mail or I did not receive confirmation e-mail?
How do I know that my registration is complete?
- If you get a confirmation email with a roll number and your details you have registered successfully. Please check your email (also see spam/junk) folder.